Passion & experience
at your service
5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
Individuals need to feel appreciated and valued in order to enjoy their job, do their best work, have positive work relationships, and stay with their organization long-term.
There are 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, and it’s important to have the skill set to speak all five of them.
(1) Words of Affirmation, (2) Quality Time, (3) Acts of Service, (4) Tangible Gifts, and (5) Appropriate Physical Touch.
In our interactive workshop, participants will learn:
– The importance of appreciation
– The Five Languages of Appreciation
– How to put the Five Languages to work
– Tools and resources for showing appreciation
All participants will have access to the MBA (Motivating by Appreciation) Inventory™ to determine their preferred languages of appreciation.
As a result of this workshop, participants will be able to:
– Understand their own preferred languages of appreciation
– Express authentic and individualized acts of appreciation to others
– Create a more positive work environment
– Improve work relationships
We focus on transfer of learning to ensure the concepts get applied in the workplace. We provide follow-up emails, reminders, and resources to help your team learn long after the workshop is over.
Recognition vs. Appreciation
Recognition is about improving performance and focuses on what is good for the company. Appreciation emphasizes what is good for the company and good for the person.
– Dr. Gary Chapman & Dr. Paul White, co-authors of “The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace”